Update: First Week Aboard YWAM Liberty

Important update: I am alive and well, and I have been aboard the YWAM Liberty in Papua New Guinea for the past week! I have spent the last week settling into life with my new ship family, and prepping for our first outreach, which is a land-based outreach to the highlands region of Mount Hagen! 



It has been a hectic week of planning, packing supplies, doing inventory, and arranging for volunteers to arrive. Already God has really stretched me when it comes to trusting that He is sovereign, that He loves me, loves what I am doing, and that He will come through for me in the end. 

God cares about the little details; tonight as I was trying to pack for this outreach, I felt like there was no way I would get my bag underweight and still include all the supplies we need. But as I uttered a frustrated prayer, that still small voice gave me exactly the answer I needed, and lo and behold, all of our team’s luggage is underweight and we are able to pack everything we need!



This seems like such a small thing, but God consistently coming through in those little moments is what strengthens my faith and gives me confidence that God is real and active and moving! It’s those moments that remind us that God cares about the big things too, like getting our engine up and running so we can sail and carry out our vision of bringing free health care to the most remote parts of Papua New Guinea. (For those of you who don’t know, the ship is currently undergoing a massive engine maintenance project, which is why this outreach is land-based.)

So yes, this week has already been challenging, but I am so excited to see what God is going to do in Mount Hagen these next two weeks! 

PRAYER:
  • Please pray for the volunteers as we head to Mt Hagen, please pray for safety, flexibility, and for the Spirit to be moving in their hearts
  • Please pray for provision for the ship, so that we are able to continue to fix up the engines and become fully operational 
  • For continued developing of relationships with people on the ship, and for unity within everyone on board

**If you are interested in supporting myself or the YWAM Ship financially, visit my donations page or message me directly for more info!**



Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update Ashley! And thank you for the reminder that God cares about the big AND little things :)
    I will be praying for you, your team, and the ship!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two Days Until Launch!

Exciting News!

There and Back Again