Northern Lights or Bust

 I guess it's been a little while since I posted. Mainly because there hasn't been a lot going on. The Lord has been true to his word when He said that I would be getting a season of rest. It's been blissfully uneventful. I had a solid six weeks in Calgary catching up with friends and family, which was wonderful. It was so refreshing to reconnect and build on relationships with my friends and supporters. 

Now I'm on to my next adventure! On Thursday I travelled up to Fort St. John (which is in northern B.C.), and I'm going to be working at the hospital here for the next six weeks! I'm so grateful for this opportunity, because I've sorely missed practicing nursing, and I'm so excited to get back into it. The facility is B-E-A-Utiful, and everyone there seems super nice.

I'm living in a house with three roommates, but I could potentially have up to five. They all seem really great, but they're not Christians, which is new for me. I've worked and gone to school in secular environments, but I've never actually lived in a secular environment (and thanks to YWAM, have pretty much exclusively been in a Christian environment for the last year). 


So this is a new challenge that I know I'll need the Lord's strength and your prayers for. I'm afraid it might get lonely having no like-hearted people around me, and working shift work might make it hard to go to church to meet other Christians. I feel the Lord reminding me to stay rooted, and to be intentional about pursuing time with Him. This is an incredible opportunity for God's light to shine through me into the lives of these other girls that I'm living with, and I want to live boldly and humbly for His glory. 

That said, your prayers and encouragements would be much appreciated! I know that God is good and faithful, and that he will use this experience to bless me and to glorify himself, so I'm so excited to get going! 

After I return to Calgary (on November 23), I'll be home for about a week, and then I'll be travelling to Kona, HI, to continue serving with YWAM at the ship's base. I'll be working in the fleet support office, getting some medical policy things in order for outreaches next year, and getting to know people at the base and familiarizing myself with the community (cause even though I've been on staff with Ships Kona for over a year, I've never been there!). I'll then be travelling to Papua New Guinea approximately one month before outreaches are scheduled to start, which will hopefully be either February or March.  

God bless you all, stay warm, and I'm praying for you!



Comments

  1. Wow, loved reading your stories! So honest and encouraging. Thanks for sharing 🙌🏼
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two Days Until Launch!

Exciting News!

There and Back Again