Reflections on 2020



As I look back on this year, what comes to mind? I'm pretty sure anyone reading this will immediately think of all the crap that happened this year. Covid-19 anyone? Maybe you lost your job, maybe you didn't get to have the big wedding you wanted, or maybe you even lost a loved one. It seems its always the bad things that stand out isn't it? And yeah I'll admit, this year has probably been heavier on the negative than the positive.


This morning I was reading Acts 7, and it’s about Stephen preaching to the people, and he's recounting Israel's history, and reminding them of where they came from. That's a major theme all throughout the bible, especially the old testament. The entire book of Deuteronomy is God reminding the people of Israel not to forget their roots, who they are and where they came from, and what God has done for them. 

That brought me to this year, as I reflect on 2020, I felt God saying to write down everything he has done for me this year, where I came from, and all the good and faithfulness that I experienced this year. Now, If I included everything on my list, I think you'd spend the rest of the day reading this and you'd never read one of my posts ever again; but here are a few of the things that I put on my list, and I encourage you to make your own, and reflect on what God has done for you this year!

  • Even though we only did one outreach this year, it was one that filled me with so much joy, the volunteers we had were so great, and I got to do what I absolutely love, which is sitting with people and hearing their stories, and giving them health education and advice
  • I got to be a part of handing out Operation Christmas Child boxes! This is something I have always been a part of growing up: packing a box and praying over who would receive it, and this time I got to be on the other end of this ministry!

  • God taught me how to perservere in relationships, and how to truly forgive and rebuild trust so those friendships become stronger than ever

  • In the scariness and uncertainty of all the volunteers leaving the ship just a week before my birthday, God promised to be with me, and his faithfulness prevailed! He was so close through all my fear and pain, and so patient and tender as I tried to make sense of what was going on. 
  • I was so sad and disappointed about everyone leaving the ship right before my birthday, but God had blessed me with so many incredible friendships who made me feel so special when I was so far from home , it was one of my best birthdays so far!
  • He blessed me with a season of REST! I had an incredible time at home as well as working in Northern B.C. I saw how his hand was moving from how I was able to get a nursing license in B.C., to the place I stayed in and the facility, and even the timing!

These are just a few of the incredible things that God taught me and did for me during 2020, and even though some times were so difficult, He was always there to encourage me and strengthen me, whether that was from friends who checked in, or a good sermon, or even just a good worship song. 


This year has been crazy, but God is still doing good things, and He is still in control, and I am excited to see how he'll move next. I encourage you to leave a comment and let me know what good things God has done in your life in 2020, or to make your own list too!










Comments

  1. So many blessings! My grandson and Dad & Mom moving to Calgary, you coming home for 3 months, we got 2 trips in even though we were locked in 2 1/2 months in. All my kids have jobs, Tim’s job really blessed us, my job continued for the entire time, learned new communication areas, lost weight and have a new appreciation for the small things in life!
    Love you Ashley ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you Brave woman of Christ, keep going!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two Days Until Launch!

Exciting News!

There and Back Again