Settling In

 It's been two months, and I finally feel like I'm settling into my place here. I've got all my logistical visa/documents/etc sorted out, and I feel like I've settled into a routine and a role and purpose here. 


The Lord has been so patiently teaching me to trust and wait on him during this season. At first everything wasn't how I expected it to be, and it was chaotic and I was stressed out; but as soon as I learned to be patient, not to worry about tomorrow, but to trust in the Lord's promises, everything started to fall into place. It doesn't look how I thought it was going to look, in fact it's even better! 


He is encouraging me to step into areas that are unknown, and I don't know all the variables, but I'm trusting that things will come through, because I'm being obedient to His leading. 


Life in the office has been great, I am so thankful for the incredible team of people I work with. There is always lots of laughter and coffee and snacks in our office! I've been enjoying getting to work with volunteers who are preparing to travel to PNG. A brand new staff nurse just arrived in Madang from Brazil two weeks ago, and I have really enjoyed being able to walk with and train her in how to do outreaches.

We ran our first outreach of 2022 in the first two weeks of March! Two volunteer dentists travelled from Israel and partnered with the Liberty DTS outreach team that was currently doing ministry in Madang. They went to five different villages, and they saw eighty-four patients and pulled sixty-four teeth! This was our first dental outreach since July of 2019, so this was a huge milestone!


We are also sending our first DTS outreach team to PNG from Kona since January of 2020 next week! This is a huge deal too; we're looking forward to them being able to support the ministry on the ship, as well as the medical outreaches planned in Madang over the next two months. Post-covid ministry is starting to gain steam, and it's exciting!



 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two Days Until Launch!

Exciting News!

There and Back Again