Thirty and Flirty and Thriving

Yep, that's right, I just turned thirty last week! If I'm going on theme from the iconic film '13 Going on 30', when I think back to when I was 13 years old, and imagined how my life might be when I'm 30 years old, there is no way I would have come up with what my life looks like now, never in my wildest dreams! I am so grateful for the Lord, and how his plans are so much greater than mine. If the direction of my life had been all my own ideas, it would have been so much more boring! God is so good, and I am so grateful and excited to start a new decade with him by my side!

Easter Sunday!

It's been a good while since I posted an update, and that's because there has been a lot and also very little going on all at the same time. At the start of April I had the privilege of moving into a house with a couple I'm very good friends with, while their regular roommate is on outreach for the next five months. It has been such a blessing to have extra space, a place where I feel like I can invite people to entertain, be away from the busyness of the base, and to be able to cook for myself and just feel normal. I've also been able to see God provide in such amazing ways, how he's provided for me financially to allow me to fulfill the responsibilities of rent, utilities, insurance, etc while my nursing permit was delayed (ps. thank you to everyone who donated to help me with that, the Lord was truly working through you and I am so, so thankful).


My nursing permit was finally issued the last week of April! That was the final piece of the puzzle that allows me to feel settled and secure here. I was able to start working last Monday, and I'll be able to work just four shifts per month: enough to maintain my license, build relationship with locals, and pay my rent. God is so good! I love everyone I work with, they were so supportive in helping me figure out the systems and get comfortable with nursing in a new country. It is truly a gift from the Lord.


We had a big party at the base, because the Lord gave us 8.2 million dollars (we bought the base)!


My work at the base is also going well! We are running medical outreaches in Madang, and I have coordinated with six different volunteers to get them to PNG for outreach, not to mention a whole DTS team. The team is doing great, they are visiting different villages, the hospital, doing health education, and six people have given their lives to Christ! Praise God! God is definitely moving and preparing for a major breakthrough with our ship and with our ministry, please continue to pray for finances for our ship to go to the dry dock, and for the people and partnerships we will need to make this happen. 

Ship Management Meeting: we meet with leadership on board every week!



Suffice it to say, (thanks to the Lord) I am definitely thirty and flirty and thriving! I feel so blessed with the way the Lord has opened the doors for this new season in my life, and I 'm looking forward to enjoying it!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Days Until Launch!

Exciting News!

There and Back Again