Two Days Until Launch!

 I can't believe it's already time! As I'm writing this, I fly out of Kona in 48 hours for a two month outreach, split between Papua New Guinea and Fiji. 


Over the past three months or so I've been fundraising and preparing to go back to PNG and to serve onboard the YWAM Koha in Fiji. I have been so blessed to see the wild generosity of people around me, who support what I am doing and want to help me get there. I am so grateful for you!

I got to go home in June to visit family!


The last couple months I have been leading the Fleet support office while my ministry leader Conrad has been away. It has been super stretching to be in a position where I need to lead team members spiritually, as well as make decisions and communicate with volunteers onboard the ship as well as with upper management at the base. It's been a really good exercise for me to flex that muscle that I haven't really used since I was in PNG in 2021, and it's really neat to see how the timing was right before I lead a team back to PNG, and so I was able to prepare in that way. God is just so cool. 


Connecting with the team: They were all over the world!

This week I have been participating in a medical missions seminar that we are hosting here in Kona, learning about medical missions and community development. At the end of the week (48 hours from now), I will take four volunteers from the seminar out to PNG to take part in a medical outreach! We had NINETEEN medical professionals from around the WORLD come join us here in Kona to take part in this seminar. It is AMAZING! We were originally hoping for fifteen. I have learned so many valuable things, and I still have two days of learning left!

It's a full house!

I will be in Papua New Guinea for ten days, doing clinics, supporting our clinic leader there, and helping facilitate the volunteers for one of our outreach cycles. After that, I am going to fly to Fiji, where the YWAM Koha has been doing ministry since June of 2022. They have invited me to help support their clinic leaders, to mentor and train them, as they are new to running medical clinics, and aren't medical professionals themselves. I'm really excited to be able to support and serve them in this way, and to learn together. I'm also excited to sail!


Thank you so much for continuing to follow my journey and partnering with me in what God is doing in the South Pacific. Please pray for safety, smooth airline connections, and that God would move and speak not only in my experience, but for all of the team members I'll be leading, and that everyone we encounter would experience God's love!

Hiking around the island


Celebrating my friend's birthday with a y2k themed party!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exciting News!

There and Back Again